What the heart wants…

What the heart wants is

a book!

Well, maybe just my nerdy heart wants a book.  Luckily, I know I am not alone. I am so grateful to the friends in my life that love books just as much as I do.  I adore this post by JoEllen McCarthy about heartprint books.  I think about how much my life has changed not just because of the heartprint books I have read…but because of the people who introduced me to those books.  My friends have left “footprints in my heart.” The books I cherish stay  with me because they remind me of the people I love and admire.

My mom

My friend Donalyn

Umbrella Summer

My friend Colby

hound dog true 2

My 2nd grade class last year

One-and-Only-IVan-211x300

For My friend Sandy: My heart breaks….I miss you every day.

Walk Two Moons

Advertisements
This entry was posted in HeartPrint and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to What the heart wants…

1. Jeyna Grace says:

Books carry more than stories, they carry memories..

2. Samantha says:

Beautiful post, Niki! This is so true. Walk Two Moons is a heartprint book for me, too. My third grade teacher read us Where the Red Fern Grows and cried through the whole last chapter. I will always think of her when I read that book!

3. donalynm says:

I’m glad that you loved Umbrella Summer. I will always smile and remember you when I see it or recommend it now:)

4. Niki Barnes says:

Thanks Donalyn! ❤ It always reminds me of when I first met you. 🙂

5. Josefina says:

Is anybody reiandg the hunger games series?? I really want to read it, but I need some kind of review . If you could right back please. A teacher that lives near me told me about it and it sounds like something I would really be into. If anyone wants to read it I know the library has a copy of all three; Hunger games, cathching fire, mokingjay. I also know that the public library a copy of all three. I really want to read this book, but I need some opions. And also has anyone read matched? It looks like a good book too. Please right back. Thanks

• Niki Barnes says:

The Hunger Games is really good. I enjoyed all three books. I haven’t read Matched but I have also heard it is a great series! Happy Reading! 🙂