It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? 6-27-16

IMWAYR-2015-logo-300x300

My 7 year old son, Sam and I are enjoying books together this summer. We love listening to audio books that we borrow from the library while we drive. We are also reading a series at bedtime. He reads a book of his choice that he can read on his own and then I read a chapter from the series we are enjoying. It is a great way to share our love of books! Check out our favorites this week!

Books we finished this week: The 13 story treehouseThe 26 story treehouse

I’ve been reading this series to Sam. It is so silly, fun and creative!

Audio books we finished this week:

Alvin Ho 1

Alvin ho 2

The audio books for Alvin Ho are hilarious. I love that they went with a child reading the books. He does an awesome job. My son is afraid of a few things…okay a lot of things…so this was a perfect series for him to listen to with me. My son was laughing so much. It was great fun for both of us!

Books we are reading this week:

The 39 story treehouse

You guessed it! We are continuing on with the series. I’m reading a chapter a night to Sam at bedtime.

Sophie

I’m currently reading Sophie Quire and the Last Storyguard by Jonathan Auxier for the #Vbcbooks chat in July! This book is such a great fantasy adventure book! I love the main character Sophie Quire because she is a book mender and lover of books.

Sophie Quire

Great News! Jonathan Auxier is going to join our #vbcbooks chat on July 18th at 9 pm EST on Twitter! Please read this fabulous fantasy book and join us in July!

So what great books have you read lately?!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? 6-27-16

1. Kendra Limback says:

You have inspired me to read Peter Nimble quickly and then run and get Sophie Quire quickly. 🙂 My 11 year old left Peter Nimble on my book stack for me. Thanks for the heads up on the Twitter chat!

2. Sophie Quire looks amazing.! I hope your Twitter chat is a smashing success

3. Linda Baie says:

The Treehouse books look like fun, & I have a 7 year old granddaughter whom I think will like them, too. Sophie Quire will be one I’ll look for. Thanks, Niki!

4. I have a friend who loves the Andy Griffiths books. I really need to give them a try. I think it’s awesome that you and your son can share of love of books! Have a great week!

5. Ooh, I love Jonathan Auxier! I’m definitely going to join in on the chat!!

6. Hi Niki, Some of my 4th graders really got into that Griffiths series at the end of the school year. LOVE Jonathan Auxier!

7. Heather J. says:

I started Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Albertalli today. Terrific voice! The Treehouse & Alvin Ho books are both very fun. Definitely great laughing with 7-year-olds!

8. cweichel says:

I loved The Night Gardener, but wasn’t so enchanted by Auxier’s Peter Nimble. Still I will give Sophie Quire and the Last Storyguard a try.

9. carriegelson says:

I can’t wait to introduce the Tree House titles to my new class this fall! Great reading with your little guy!

• Niki Barnes says:

Thanks Carrie! Yes! 4th and 5th graders will love the Treehouse books! Also, I recommend all of Raina’s books. Ghosts is coming out this fall. They love her graphic novels!